It is difficult to define exactly what our “services” are, because each family we work with has unique needs. However, we always work to provide compassionate, comfortable, and creative services that are appropriate.
Mainly, families come to us for funeral services that involve a burial or cremation, or for advance planning needs. Below, you can read an overview of our services and the advantages of working with Keohane. We encourage you to contact us regarding your situation, so we can discuss your individual needs.
Our compassionate team of professionals will guide your family through the entire process, discussing the various options and customizing a service based on your specific needs, desires, and budget.
We take pride in creating a warm and friendly environment for friends and family to come together. Our facilities are modern, comfortable, well appointed, and completely updated every few years. It is our goal to make the process as seamless as possible during a very difficult time. We are used to going above and beyond for our families and have often heard people comment on this, expressing the special, unique feeling of a Keohane funeral service.
We currently offer a “complete funeral service package” which includes all of the services necessary to have a gathering of friends (also referred to as a wake or visiting hours), a church service or funeral home service, the hearse and limousine, pallbearers/funeral assistants, administrative support, obituary website listing, and the full attention of our funeral caregivers in creating a meaningful service. Our charge for this complete package is $7,495, which is discounted from $8,370 if a casket is purchased from the funeral home. If other services are selected, individual costs will be itemized. Our complete general price list is available in our funeral homes. You can request a copy in person, over the phone, or via email.
All families we serve, and their loved one entrusted to our care, are treated with a gentle touch. We fully realize our tremendous responsibility in your time of need, and work hard to provide the best in cremation services:
- Our in-depth policy and procedures ensure positive identification and care before, during, and after the cremation process.
- We believe in offering services that are unique for your family. We can give you the option to divide the remains for burial and scattering, and even help to arrange scattering services on land or sea.
- We offer a full line of cremation jewelry, which can hold a small amount of the cremated remains and a full line of reasonably priced urns and keepsakes.
- Urns range in price form $75 to $1500.
Caskets and Burials
Selecting the right casket and dealing with burials and cemetery costs are important details that we will work out together to ensure the appropriate solutions:
- Casket and other merchandise selections are made on our high-definition video screen. We do not believe in subjecting you or your family to a scary casket room.
- Caskets range in price from $1,195 to $14,995 depending on the material they are constructed from (i.e. cherry, pine, mahogany, poplar, oak, steel, stainless steel, copper, bronze), the interior fabric (velvet or crepe), the finish (polished or satin), and the thickness of the material.
- Outer burial containers range in price from $1,795 to $19,995.
- Cemetery expenses can range from $700 to $6,000 or more and are an outside charge, which we pay on the family’s behalf. After receiving payment from the family, we distribute it accordingly.
Keohane formed the New England Green Burial Society to provide an environmentally friendly burial option, free from the carbon emissions produced through the cremation process or the land commitment of traditional cemeteries. A green burial takes place in a green cemetery or natural burial ground. Burial vaults and embalming chemicals are not used. A fully biodegradable casket made from sustainable materials is placed directly into the earth where nature is allowed to take its course.
With a green burial, Keohane still guides you through the entire process to make it as easy as possible for you. For more information on green burials, please contact us.
Preparing for the inevitable is a wise decision that offers great emotional and financial security. The process includes meeting with one of our funeral directors to discuss your needs and desires, providing background and biographical information, listing your family, selecting merchandise, and discussing payment options.
Our Director of Advance Planning, Joe Reardon, specializes in working with families interested in advance planning. For more information, click here.