Unique Cremation Urn IdeasDecember 15, 2020
More and more people are choosing cremation over traditional burial. Families who choose cremation have many creative options for final disposition following the cremation of a loved one, including some unique and creative urns.
If your loved one chose to be cremated, you can select special urns that honor your loved one in unique way by recognizing your loved one’s tastes, talents, or environmental concerns. Here are a few ideas:
- If you are looking for an urn that is totally one-of-a-kind, you can custom order an urn from a supplier like Foreverence. After submiting a design idea or sketch of something that your loved one was passionate about, the company designs and then 3D prints your urn. You end up with a completely unique container, such as a vintage car, space shuttle, iconic structure, and many more.
- Artisans on Etsy create many unique and creative urns to match your loved one’s style. You can find a solid wood cowboy hat urn, a solid metal pineapple sculture urn, custom engraved urns, and a real .50 calliber BMG bullet urn featuring a bullet that has been fired out of a machine gun by the US Military with personalized gift box. There are many types of traditional shaped urns made of wood, metal and ceramic on Etsy as well.
- A stained glass urn is a beautiful reminder of a loved one who was passionate about flowers, vintage designs, Tiffany-style glass, or attending church services with stained glass windows.
- Photo urns are a wonderful way to keep a visual image of your loved one. They can be engraved as well and come in a variety of shapes, such as a photo frame, box, chest or urn.
- For a loved one with environmental concerns, there are biodegradable urns made of bamboo, Himalayan salt, recycled paper and corn starch. These urns are renewable, sustainable and biodegrade in the soil. A green burial may include a biodegradable living urn designed to grow a tree from your loved one’s remains. Water-soluble urnsare a good choice for burial or scattering at sea.
- For a more cuddly keepsake, a Teddy Bear Cremation Urn surrounds the urn with a soft, stuffed animal. This type of urn can be just the right choice for the loss of a child or young adult. Each bear has a zippered opening on the back for the easy installation of the remains, and a small red fabric heart for holding remembrance keepsakes.
Choosing a unique urn is a great way to remember and honor a departed loved one. You can choose something that honors their taste and personality or find something that simply reminds you of them on a daily basis. No matter where you end up living, your loved one will always be with you.
Leave a Comment